There are 4 main clusters that need to be completed. They are a mix of basic workplace requirements, practical dealership communication skills and specific sales, follow-up and customer service skills.
The units are as follows:
AUR31016 Core Units – 10
- AURAMA004 Maintain business image in an automotive workplace – brand & image, maintaining environment, professional presentation etc.
- AURACA001 Respond to customer needs and enquiries in an automotive workplace – complex customer issues, proposal presentation, customer effort & the purchase decision etc.
- AURASCA005 Sell automotive products and services – sales & marketing, selling activities, sales process, objection handling, telephone skills etc.
- AURSLA001 Comply with legal requirements when selling automotive products and services – Competition & Consumer Act, guidelines for pricing & display prices, social media marketing issues, consumer rights obligations, warranties, contracts, vehicle dealer legislation etc.
- AURSCA006 Promote automotive products and services – acknowledging the customer, selling benefits & meaning, competition, marketing plans etc.
- AURAFA004 Resolve routine problems in an automotive workplace – customer reactions, rules of engagement, dispute resolution, conflict response etc.
- AURSAA001 Process customer complaints in an automotive workplace – cost of unhappy customer, company needs vs customer demands, customer service, dealing with upset customers etc.
- AURSCA011 Conduct online transactions in an automotive workplace – rules & safety, best practice, security, fixed operations etc.
- AURASA002 Follow safe working practices in an automotive workplace – costs, WHS Legislation, policies & procedures, hazard identification etc.
- AURAEA002 Follow environmental and sustainability best practice in an automotive workplace – handling waste, hazardous substances, air & noise pollution, conserving energy etc.
Parts Interpreting Specialist Elective Units – 4
- BSBWOR204 Use business technology – information technology, hardware vs software, data entry & back-up, trouble-shooting, common technical terms etc.
- BSBPRO401 Develop product knowledge – sources of information, competitor analysis& translating information, selling benefits, concept selling etc.
- SIRXMER201 Merchandise products – place & arrange merchandise, prepare & display price tickets/labels, maintain displays etc.
- AURSCA001 Select automotive parts and products – customer contact, identify parts & products, plan & organise activities, problem solving etc.
These 4 units form the core of the Parts Interpreting Certificate and focus on the specific requirements and day-to-day skills needed to work as an interpreter.
Vehicle Sales Specialist Elective Units – 2
- AURSCA002 Present automotive products and services for sale – display of used/new cars, customer feedback etc.
- BSBSLS407 Identify and plan sales prospects – understanding your unique selling proposition, prospecting strategy & qualifying, document records, time management etc.
These 2 units focus specifically on the sales side of the role – in particular up-selling, generating and identifying lead opportunities.
General Elective Units – 4
- AURAFA003 Communicate effectively in an automotive workplace – communication styles, team communication, interpersonal behaviour etc.
- AURQA001 Contribute to quality work outcomes – team outcomes & cohesion, communication with management, identifying quality work practices etc.
- AURACA003 Build customer relations – needs, wants & demands, relationship management, building rapport etc.
- AURAFA001 Use numbers in an automotive workplace – maintain workplace records, calculations etc.
These 4 units focus more on skills necessary for all employees in the workforce and build a well-rounded general skill base.
At the completion of the 4 clusters there is also a short questionnaire which will help you identify your personal leadership style.